El camino adult school california dating china muslims marriages
Charcoal-sampling indicates these sites may have been actively occupied early in the Spanish colonial period (late 1700s).The delta of Colma Creek was formerly an important habitat for the waterfowl known to be hunted by the Ramaytush in historic times, and archaelogic sites have been recorded near the creek.The city of South San Francisco was incorporated in 1908 following a dispute with San Mateo County, which had blocked the construction of a smelter on San Bruno Point which was supported by the locals.Following incorporation additional industries moved into the town, including two steel mills. By the 1920s the city was "the smokestack capital of the Peninsula." South San Francisco proudly called itself "The Industrial City", a motto immortalized in 1923 by a huge sign on a hillside overlooking the city.January is the coolest month with August being the warmest month.
As of the census of 2000, there were 60,552 people, 20,118 households, and 15,431 families residing in the city.
A second corporation, eventually known as the Western Meat Company, set up stock yards and meat packing facilities on 80 acres (32 ha) of bayfront property; the facility opened in 1892.
Other industries soon moved in, including a pottery works, two brick companies, the paint manufacturer W. Fuller & Company, the South San Francisco Lumber Company, and the Pacific Jupiter Steel Company.
Swift proposed the name South San Francisco based on South Chicago and South Omaha, where the Swift company already had plants. Iler of Omaha, Nebraska, an agent of the Beef Trust, purchased Lux's property, and in 1891 ownership was transferred to the South San Francisco Land and Improvement Company.
The area was divided into industrial and residential districts, and the company installed lighting, sewer connections, and water distributions in the residential areas.